Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bodies

OK, so, a yeast infection, now a hemorrhoid and 50 pounds. Pregnancy is brilliant. I don't understand why there are so many nuances that can go wrong with our bodies when this is supposed to be "natural". OK, so I am not a believer in the bible, but lord, maybe we are being punished for that damn apple? All the guy has to do is....

I just feel lovely.

Saw another doctor the other day who also rammed (although more gently than the last one) a hand inside me and confirmed that the head was indeed low. However, I had an ultrasound yesterday and the woman said that he wasn't that low. She also confirmed that the little thing was seven pounds! (3.1 kilos). And I am only 37 weeks! So, all I can do is pray he doesn't grow too much in the next few weeks.

Getting more nervous every day. How will I find out I am in labor? Will my waters gush in a cafe? Will I get the "bloody show"? How much is it going to hurt? Oh yeah, A LOT. I was reading someone's blog post the other day and they said that labor felt like an ice pick in her uterus. Nice.

Soon enough I will be posting here and the story will have unfolded. And I can guarantee that the story I post will be different than the "story" in my head. Until then, I try and visualize what I hope. That I will have a slow and gentle start to labor. That our doula will come over and let us know the right time to drive to the hospital. We will arrive at the hospital and the natural birthing room will be available. I will set up my iPod and lower the lighting and take showers and breath and not panic. And eventually, he will come. Healthy.

For now, I will try and work out my hemorrhoid cream instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment